Having been dubbed as a “warm up” machine or the thing you used when you couldn’t get on an elliptical at the gym, treadmills had been pushed to the side and ignored. In recent years, with thousands of new workout plans for everyone from beginners to hard core HIIT trainers, treadmill sales have surged in the home gym market. One of the most popular is the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill. There are plenty of reasons why. Let’s give it a quick examination, beginning with a few pros and cons.
There are plenty of reasons that the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is the best selling treadmill on the market. Here is an overview of the pros:
• Drops speed for 60 seconds and returns to previous speed by press of a button
• The low noise motor
• Folds down into a low profile for easy storage
• It has a long performance life
• Impact absorbing, cushioned running surface
• Lots of bang for the buck
Oftentimes, affordability means that there are some limitations. A few of the limitations of the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 include:
• There is no automated incline adjustment
• There are only two inclines available; 1.5% and 6%.
• The maximum speed is 10 mph.
• It has a 275 lb. weight limit.
For a treadmill in its price range, the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 does come with a pretty impressive set of features. Here is a quick overview of its features:
• Dimensions: 64L x 29W x 55H inches
• SpaceSaver design will folds into low profile
• Running surface is a spacious 16 x 50 inches
• Long life 2.25 HP, low noise, impulse motor
• Comfort Cell Cushioning technology on running surface
• Workout Matrix Display has a blue tinted screen for rooms with poor lighting
• Variety of workouts with six workout apps included
• Heart rate monitoring sensors
• Space for Kindle or tablet
• Two water bottle holders
• Manually adjusted incline
• Total weight capacity: 275 lbs.
• 90-day warranty, which covers motor, labor, and parts
Space Saver Feature Analysis
The Space Saver feature of the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is one of the most appealing features with this model. Fully open and ready for use, the unit takes of little more space than a regular piece of furniture. The ability to fold the unit allows you to store it underneath most beds.
Speed Adjustment Feature Analysis
When doing interval training, a touch of the “minus” button cuts the unit’s speed and maintains that speed for 60 seconds before returning to the previous setting. Speed settings allow you to increase speed slowly or skip directly to a faster speed, which makes it ideal for HIIT or other interval training workouts.
Affordability Feature Analysis
Typically, the higher costing units provide the best quality, but that isn’t the case with the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill. It’s display and accuracy features are second to none, it stands up to the test of durability up to and beyond pricier models, and the shock absorbing features of its running surface are equal to more expensive treadmills. This unit provides the quality of a more costly unit at a lower price.
Things to Consider
After looking at the features, and pros and cons, there are some considerations to keep in mind before purchasing the Weslo Cadence G 5.9. Here are three things to think about:
1. This unit is probably not going to be the best option for someone who needs or wants a lot of incline change included their workout and because you cannot shift the incline without stopping.
2. It’s probably not going to work for someone who does a lot of sprinting, because its maximum speed of 10 mph comes up short of the average 12 to 15 mph necessary for sprinting.
3. If you are an average trainer, who doesn’t do a lot of incline shifting or sprinting, its durability and affordability are probably its greatest selling points.
Positive Customer Reviews
Customers who were satisfied with their purchase of the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 were most impressed with the SpaceSaver feature, the simple, accurate monitoring unit, the convenience of the six workout presets and the shock absorbing running track. They were also impressed that a motorized treadmill could be so quiet.
Negative Customer Reviews
Customers who offered poor reviews sited stopping their workout to change the incline as being a pain, not able to program custom workout presets, and shipping issues. Problems with proper functioning of the machine or its durability were a low percentage of the complaints and were issues that are addressed by the unit’s warranty.
Weslo brand treadmills are manufactured and retailed by ICON Health & Fitness, Inc. whose products and technologies also include such the brands as NordicTrack, ProForm, Weider, Gold’s Gym and FreeMotion Fitness. The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 benefits from these combined technologies as well as the highly rated customer service that is supported by ICON. ICON is known for providing quality products that have the added benefit of affordability.
The affordability combined with the available features of the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 makes it a solid value. The overall customer satisfaction, with more than 75% rating it 4 stars or higher, speaks volumes about its quality, durability and affordability. The limitations of the unit are related to features that are desired by a small percentage of users who need a more specialized piece of workout equipment. It might not be as smooth as some more costly treadmills or have all of the extras, but it will give the majority of users a great workout at an affordable price. If you’re in the market for a treadmill that saves you space, is durable, quiet, absorbs impact and provides easy solutions for interval training, then the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill will be your most affordable option.
Purchase the Weslo Cadence g 5.9 Treadmill from Amazon
If you’re looking to purchase the Weslo Cadence g 5.9 Treadmill, we recommend that you purchase it from Amazon as it’s a very trusted source. To purchase, click the link below!