Creatine can be majorly beneficial for you and your goals, whether your looking to bulk up maximizing your muscle gains and strength giving you the ability to do more reps than you normally would providing your muscles with energy, or even if you’re looking to cut down and your wanting to preserve your hard-earned muscle and keep some strength, creatine is the go to product that millions of bodybuilders and athletes use every day to help them reach their goals.
We are going to be looking at the top 5 best creatine supplements in the industry.
Optimum Nutrition – Micronized Creating Powder
When you’re buying any kind of supplement you can expect to see a lot of Optimum Nutrition’s products, they are one of the most leading supplement manufacturers in the industry, so you know you’re going to be getting a good quality product, we are going to be reviewing their creatine product.
About the Product:
The whole look of this product is similar to other Optimum Nutrition’s supplements, kind of color coded so you know what products go with other products the best, like for example using this creatine with Optimums Serious mass which is also the same color, it’s nothing amazing to look at but its professional.
This particular creatine product is made with CreaPure, which is a form of creatine monohydrate, it is widely considered to be the purest and finest quality of creatine on the market, so you know you’re getting the best.
Creatine helps you increase muscle size, strength and power giving you more explosive workouts, pushing harder and getting further than you would have without it, it lets you push out extra reps, can handle more sets and helps you recover much quicker too.
It can help you with your performance in high intensity exercises and workouts, increasing your energy and enhances your reserved muscle energy while minimizing protein breakdown.
You get around 5g of creatine per serving, you take one serving per day, if you don’t get a small scoop in your tub you can easily use a teaspoon which is about 5g, you can get creatine in different flavors, it mixes with water, juice or even your post workout protein shake.
The most popular flavor is unflavored because of its versatility, it can be mixed with almost anything and you would know it was there, but if your wanting something tasty you can get creatine in some nice fruity flavors depending which brand you go with.
You can get 3 different sizes, the smallest is the 150g tub which gives you about 28 servings, and it’s quite cheap too, the second size is 600g giving you 114 servings, and lastly the 1200g giving you 228 servings, but for the price you might as well buy 2 600g tubs which equals the same amount only cheaper.
- It uses the purest form of creatine and the best quality
- Provides your muscles with the extra energy it needs to push harder and lift more
- Increases strength, power, and muscle size
- No calories and No carbs
- Great for cutting and bulking
- It can cause a lot of water retention in some people, bloating too
- Can cause a little bit of an upset stomach in some people
- People noticed no considerable gains from this product
- Doesn’t mix too well for a micronized creatine
This is a good quality creatine product, it does what it says it does, its pure creatine, it works differently for different people, some experience fast noticeable gains while others it can take some time, some may even get a few stomach upsets and bloating, whatever the case this creatine would be really beneficial.
- Made with CreaPure Creatine
- Increases muscle strength and power
- Improves performance in high-intensity exercise
- Increase energy levels and speed up recovery rates
- Enhance energy reserves in muscles while minimizing protein breakdown
BulkSupplements – Creatine Monohydrate Micronized
Similar to Optimums creatine powder BulkSupplements also use micronized creatine for a smoother softer powder, this is pure creatine monohydrate with nothing else added, super easy to mix with any liquid, comes in powder form or even capsule form, so depending on your preferences you can choose what you like.
About the Product:
The overall look of the product is quite basic and simple, it doesn’t seem to give the main details and selling points on the front like most do, how many servings it has, what kind of creatine it has, it’s quite plain.
This is another creatine monohydrate micronized supplement, but unlike Optimums creating this one is supposed to be super smooth and really soft mixing perfectly with any liquid especially water.
The same as the other creatine it promotes increased strength and power, muscle size and endurance during high intensity workouts, only this form of creatine doesn’t have creapure, which is the highest quality and form of creatine, this supplement is just creatine monohydrate, which is still just as effective and is the main basis of every creatine, it just absorbs a little slower.
This creatine has been lab-tested and verified, as well as vegan friendly so just about anyone can take this supplement with no added ingredients it is 99.99% pure creatine monohydrate no only that, the price is supposed to be great for what you actually get.
There are over 10 different sizes you can choose from, 1kg bag, 5kg bag and a 25kg bag. You can get this creatine in different forms, instead of a power you can have capsules, gelatin capsules, vegetarian capsules going up to 500g so they really have tried to tailor this product for everyone, so anyone can benefit from it.
- Over 10 different sizes and types you can choose to take
- 99.99% pure creatine monohydrate micronized for fast absorption
- Promotes strength, power, muscle size and muscular endurance
- Blends really well you will hardly notice it
- Great value for money
- Zip lock on the bags are difficult to close properly
- Product may come a little lighter than expected, so expect a missing serving or two
- Comes without a scoop
- Can cause some bloating and water weight in some individuals
- Some people encountered stomach problems
- Others were suspicious because of how well it dissolved in water like it was nothing, had no taste at all or chalkiness.
I have tried a fair few amount of different creatines in my life so far and I’ve always noticed that creatine hardly ever dissolves fully, there is normally always some at the bottom of the cup, but that doesn’t mean this product is bad, there are a lot of good reasons to buy this product especially with the great price, it is 99.99% pure creating monohydrate which will give you what you need for that extra push towards your goals.
- Powder dissolves instantly
- Lab tested for verification & guaranteed purity
- Factory-sealed foil zip pouch
- Promotes high-intensity energy
- High bioavailability
Muscle Tech Platinum – 100% Micronized Creatine
This is Muscle Tech’s very own form of creatine that they manufactured, it contains 100% ultra-pure micronized creatine, the highest quality of creatine monohydrate that you can possibly buy, it has been Americas number 1 creatine supplement and promotes that you can gain up to 6lbs of lean muscle mass in just 6 weeks which is 1lb of muscle per week! Which is crazy.
About the Product:
This product has been number 1 many times for its effectiveness and its great price and the purity of the contents.
The first thing I noticed was the whole look of the creatine supplement, it has a very nice silvery/platinum color to it with a lot of information on the front, it makes it kind of hard to find what you are looking for, but it does look very nice and professional, definitely draws the eye.
I was impressed by the price and the amount of servings for a product that has been in the number 1 spot for creatine, but this form of creatine provides your muscles with the world’s highest quality and most clinically researched form of micronized creatine, making a much smoother less grainy product. It allows you to train harder for longer without any bad side effects like bloating and stomach pains.
Contains 5000mg with a massive bonus size, claiming to beat any competitor on the quality of their creating, at this moment in time this creatine is sounding rather amazing.
- It uses the highest form of creatine monohydrate 100%
- Very soft and smooth powder not granulated or gritty
- It has a great price for the quality you are getting
- Claims to be able to gain 6lbs in 6 weeks if used effectively with the proper nutrition and diet
- 5000mg with bonus size
- A clean and researched form of creatine
- Some individuals can have a bit of a stomach upset when taking this supplement
- Can cause bloating and water weight
- Some reviews had their creatine tub arrive already opened
- A lot of people didn’t see any results, and others didn’t notice anything different from other types of creatine
- Can cause slight hormone imbalances in rare people
When it comes to creatine it can be hard to review, I mean its practically the same supplement claiming to increase muscle mass, strength, and power also endurance, and most only have one ingredient like creatine monohydrate, in rare cases creapure the safest and purest form of creatine, but most creatines have creatine monohydrate as the base, the differences are the purity of the powder and if it is micronized or not.
- Delivers a clinically tested HPLC-tested micronized creatine for unparalleled absorption
- Best sources for uninterrupted supply
- Ultra pure micronized creatine powder
Naturo Nitro – Creatine Chrome
This creatine supplement is a lot different than the other ones we talked about, this is the Naturo Nitro Creatine Chrome, there isn’t just one ingredient in this creatine but their main ingredient is called creatine magnapowder, which is a more advanced form of creatine otherwise known as magnesium creatine, this might be an interesting review.
About the Product:
Overall the product looks quite nice and professional, something I would expect from a supplement company, a good use of bold writing and colors but not too much going on to make you too distracted.
Like all others this is creatine, so expect it to give you somewhat similar results to any other creatine, but this one has something a little extra, magnapowder, otherwise known as magnesium creatine.
Studies and research found that this type of creatine is absorbed much faster than creatine monohydrate, getting into your muscles a lot faster with faster results. It floods your muscles with ATP (energy) allowing you to be able to power through all your workouts experiencing incredible gains in muscle size, strength, and power.
The other great things about this creatine is that it does not require a loading phase, just one serving per day, it won’t make you bloat, speeds up muscle recovery and its very convenient to use when you need it.
You can buy this product as one on its own for a fair price, you can buy a set of two and a set of three.
- It is a better form of creatine which is faster absorbed by the muscles and body
- No bloating or stomach problems
- Doesn’t require a loading phase which uses quit a large amount of your supplement
- People have been seeing no results or nothing different from any other creatine
- Capsules rather than a powder
- Price is quite high
I am one for normally sticking with the basics of creatine, creatine monohydrate because of the safety tests that have been approved and tons of other research, but this one has intrigued me quite a bit, tempted to purchase one myself to see the difference, there are not many bad reviews on this supplement only that most said they didn’t have any noticeable results, and still that was only a handful compared to the good reviews.
- Advanced Creatine System Fuels Your Body with More ATP and Amplified Energy. Naturo Nitro Creatine Chrome contains Creatine MagnaPowder™ — an advanced, patented form of creatine called magnesium creatine. Scientific studies reveal this form of creatine is absorbed by your body ultra-fast (much faster than creatine monohydrate), flooding your muscles with ATP (energy) allowing you to power through workouts and experience incredible gains in strength, size, and lean muscle mass.
- NO MORE Loading Phases or Bloating. Our advanced creatine complex is absorbed by your body ultra-fast by penetrating the muscle cell. This means no more loading, bloating, cramping or dehydration. Most users notice a difference in their first dose.
- Maximizes Lean Muscle Mass and Size. Naturo Nitro Creatine Chrome works by increasing the supply of ATP in your muscles. When this happens the cells in your muscles get bigger as a result of all the additional ATP. This allows you to train harder, lift heavier and longer, leading to massive muscle gains. Creatine has also recently been shown to be a myostatin inhibitor, meaning it prevents the myostatin protein from being synthesized by your skeletal muscle.
- Speeds Up Muscle Recovery And Fights Fatigue. Creatine promotes lean muscle mass, acts as a support system to prevent against muscle breakdown, and aids in muscle recovery. Creatine also enhances the ability to produce higher muscular force, especially during short bouts of maximal exercise.
- Combines The Power of Creatine and Magnesium in a Single Dose. Magnesium is essential for over 300 bodily functions. It has been shown to enhance strength, energy, and endurance levels. The most important aspect of magnesium's relationship to creatine is that creatine requires magnesium for maximum conversion to Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) also known as energy.
Raw Barrel – No Bull Creatine Powder
Raw Barrels No Bull creating powder is another creatine powder, it looks all fairly basic but when it comes to creatine, being basic is probably the best way to get yourself a creatine supplement that works. Unflavored and micronized just the way we like it, being able to mix with anything, from water to a full tasty protein shake you wouldn’t even know it was there.
About the Product:
Unlike other creatine products this one offers a “No results get your money back” guarantee which is pretty decent of them in my book, I guess that means there won’t be any reviews on the effectiveness of this product but we will see.
This is another micronized creating powder or capsule depending on how you would prefer to take it, being micronized as you may know by now makes a much smoother and softer creatine powder, but not only that it is absorbed by your body and muscles at a much faster rate, giving you faster results.
It also contains a free digital guide and fitness ebook for you to use so you can learn all about the industry’s secrets and to help you along with your fitness goals.
The main basis of this supplement is again creatine monohydrate which is good, because it’s the most tested and safest creatine you can buy, this also comes with a scoop (for once)
It is 100% pure creatine monohydrate, in its highest quality form, and it’s also unflavored so you don’t have to worry about mixing it with anything you like, it mixed and dissolves well too.
This will definitely get you some good results, like I said the more basic the ingredients the better off you will be.
The look of the product is quite basic, don’t appeal much to the eye and doesn’t give off a very professional trustworthy look and feel, but I have learnt not to judge a book by its cover, they may have focused on creating a great product rather than something for a showcase.
- 100% micronized creatine monohydrate
- Free digital fitness ebook with every purchase
- Lifetime guarantee, if you see no results you can get a full refund, no questions asked
- People have had a lot of quick gains by using this product
- It doesn’t always dissolve very well
- One person who bought the product talked about how it clearly says a lifetime guarantee, he says otherwise
- Large tubs with small amount of creatine
- Some people haven’t had much good results from taking this creatine
This seems to be a pretty average creatine powder, but with its differences, a lot of the other creatine powders we always had bad reviews on bloating, stomach issues, this doesn’t seem to be the case with this product, almost no comments on those kind of problems, which is a big plus for a creatine supplement, it has maybe some slight mixability issues but that’s never been a thing to bother me as long as I see some great results.
- COMPLETELY FLAVORLESS powder and easily dissolvable - letting you enjoy it with any delicious drink, exactly the way you like it.
- 100% PURE, quality pharmaceutical grade and laboratory tested creatine monohydrate powder - don't clog up your body with any fake fillers. No added bull, just the good stuff. Our creatine powder is authenticity verified via UV Spectrometer testing and is vegan friendly.
- MICRONIZED creatine monohydrate for fast absorption - fueling your muscles quicker and and more efficiently than ever before.
- FREE DIGITAL GUIDE with every purchase, The No Bull Guide to Fitness - Learn what the fitness industry doesn't want you to know! And discover the The Proven 7 Step Blueprint To Your Perfect Body...
- LIFETIME SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - We like to go the extra mile, which is why that if you don't see RESULTS or are not happy for ANY reason, you can contact us for a FULL REFUND, no questions asked. Making your purchase COMPLETELY RISK FREE. At Raw Barrel we believe customer service is just as important and the purest creatine.
This has been quite a difficult review, most of the creatine products have the same ingredient, they never go past 1 or 2 ingredients max! but if you look they are slight differences, mixability, bloating or no bloating, water retention or no water retention, the most important one is if it actually does what it says on the tub. But remember everyone is different so it will affect everyone in a different way, some might gain muscle quickly while others it may take a while, some might get stronger while others might not, it also comes down to your diet too, it’s not a miracle supplement its just supposed to help you get a few extra reps out or maybe a few more sets, maybe even go up weight a little more.
its main use for me would be recovery, it helps you recover a lot quicker than diet and protein shakes alone, making it easier for me to get up the next day and workout.
These are definitely the top 5 I would recommend, out of these top 5 I would recommend sticking to the basics, Muscle Tech, Bulk Supplements and Raw Barrels creatine powder they all have the basis of creatine monohydrate, in its purest form and high quality, if you’re looking for something a little cleaner, something with higher quality and want something that will absorb faster I would go with Optimum Nutrition with its CreaPure creatine, being the highest purest form of creatine on the market, only a rare few supplements contain creapure, absorbing 10 times faster than monohydrate.