As an avid promoter of being the most optimized version of myself, I found that the Mister Pompadour Natural Beeswax Paste helped me shape and style my hair the way I’ve always wanted. For too long I have wasted my time with different products without knowing much about what I was putting in my hair. Add to the fact that I’m Asian, it’s hard finding the right product for my difficult hair. Normally, I would use the typical Lay Rite or Suavecito pomade, which are great products if you want that rockabilly look, but it never quite gave me what I really wanted. And what I wanted was the messy, natural look. The type of look that looks like you just rolled out of bed, but your hair is still composed. The type of look that makes women jump all over you. The type of look to perfectly compliment your sculpted body while trying to scarf down 2 chicken breasts because it has the right macros. This kind of look takes time and the right product to match.
I liked this paste so much, I decided to share my findings and thoughts with you.
Long Lasting Hold
When it comes to hair products, there are two things that I have to make sure are included. The first one is how long will the hair product last? If you’ve ever used American Crew Fiber, you’ll notice that although the product is okay, the longevity is what kills it’s value. Generally, American Crew Fiber will last around 5 hours, tops. This can be very alarming because if you’re getting ready to go out at 8PM, by 1AM, the product will basically have run out and you’re left with a weak hold with your hair falling down. Again, I try to be the most optimized version of myself, and this wouldn’t bring me value in anyway. I need something that will hold for hours and hours on end.
That’s where the Mister Pompadour Natural Beeswax Paste comes in. The longevity of this paste is what sets this product apart from the rest. I put the product in at 8AM, it will last until 8AM the next day. With this feature alone, the value of this paste grows exponentially since I don’t have to reapply and do my hair again.
How Strong is the Hold?
The second thing I make sure that is included is the strength of the hold. Will the paste be able to hold up my thin Asian hair? Yes, oh yes it does. It holds it so well, I can literally shape the product to how I want it. If I want to part it left, right, up, down, whatever I want, I can do. Just apply the product while your hair is still damp and style. Then let it dry and you’ll be able to see how malleable the paste is.
Features and Specifications:
– Non-Shine, Matte Look
– Strong Hold
– Will last a long time
– Water-Soluble: Will wash out easily with a quick water rinse
– Great Smell
– Made from all natural ingredients
– Free of alcohol, parabens and sodium chloride means no worrying about damaged hair
– Very versatile product for all types of hair, especially Asian hair
– 2 oz of Product
Pros & Cons
Now that we have the features and specifications out of the way, it is now to time to talk about the pros and cons of this product.
There are a lot of good things that about this product that outweigh its downfalls. First, as I have mentioned before, the longevity and strength of this product is where the real value comes. Also, I have to mention the matte look if that is what you’re looking for. This product is also water-soluble which means that it will wash out extremely easily.
The only real cons that I have about this product is the amount that they give you for the price point. It is a 2 oz product with a higher price point. I can go through this product in 3 weeks, which is extremely low for what you get. I’ve had 4 oz of Lay Rite Super Hold last me 2 months, and it’s priced much more reasonably!
Yes. Highly recommended if you’re looking to impress your lady (or guy) friend with your sexy, natural looking hair. There are just too many features that I find value in that outweigh the downsides. Besides, the only downside is the price point for the amount you get. It’s almost like the manufacturers know this is a great product and are able to benefit from the quality. I don’t blame them. This is definitely my favorite product I have used for my hair and will recommend it to anyone that asks.
Mister Pompadour Natural Beeswax Paste receives a 4.5/5. I knocked off .5 of a star because of it’s price point to quantity ratio, otherwise, it would have gotten a perfect score from me.
- BEST SELLER: A best selling product in high-demand all around the world, the Natural Beeswax Paste has incredibly high hold that will keep your hair looking perfect all day long and has a natural matte finish that compliments the holding power
- VERSATILE PRODUCT: Ideal for all hair lengths, types, and stylesÉfrom short to long, thin to thick, messy to combed
- CHECK OUT THE BUZZ: See what the world is talking about with our Natural Beeswax Paste
- ALL NATURAL: Made from all natural ingredients and completely free of alcohol, parabens and sodium chloride so you won't have to worry about your hair being damaged by undesirable ingredients
BONUS: Styling Tips
Here are some styling tips for you if you’re having trouble how to apply.
- After you get out of the shower, towel dry until hair is damp. Not completely wet, but also not completely dry.
- Grab some product (around the size of a quarter) and put it in the middle of your palm. Mix the product with your hand by using a circular motion.
- Once the product is all over your hands, apply to your damp hair; making sure to get it everywhere in the roots especially.
Grab a paddle brush or any type of wide toothed comb and comb straight back.
- Then Grab a fine toothed comb and comb straight back again, getting a tighter stick.
- Now with your fine toothed comb, form your part on whichever side your part usually is.
- Style it like you would a high and tight side part, but trying to make it as tight as possible to your head.
- After you’ve done the above and everything is tight, use your hands to break up the fringe while keeping the form and shape of your hair.
- Use your hands as necessary to achieve the natural look.
- Last, and most important note, let it dry. After it dries, you’ll notice that it kept the shape of your side part, while keeping the natural look that occurred when you let your fingers go through your hair.