Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Gainer Protein Powder, Chocolate, 12 Pound
Features-The protein-based supplement also provides calories from a combination of carbohydrates and fats. Each two scoop serving offers 1,250 calories when mixed with water and 1,640 calories when mixed with low-fat milk. On its own, Serious Mass protein powder provides:
• 4.5 grams fat
• 80 mg. Cholesterol
• 252 grams of carbohydrates
• 20 grams of sugar
• 50 grams of protein
• 1 gram of creatine monohydrate
• 500 mg. of L-glutamine
• 500 mg. of glutamine peptides
• 25 essential minerals and vitamins
Advantages-You add two heaping scoops of Serious Mass Gainer to 24 ounces of cold fluid and blend for up to 60 seconds. You can also blend the mixture with a variety of fruits for added nutritional value.
Disadvantages-When using the supplement, it is necessary to include high fiber foods and hydrate well in order to prevent constipation. The powder does not dissolve well, which is why it is recommended to use a blender. It is not uncommon for mild bloating to occur.
- High Calorie Weight Gainer: 1,250 Calories per 2-Scoop Serving
- 50 Grams of Protein per Serving
- Over 250 Grams of Carbohydrates per Serving
- 25 Vitamins & Minerals Plus Creatine & Glutamine
- Using an Electric Blender to Add Fresh or Frozen Fruits, Peanut Butter, Nuts & Other Calorie Dense Foods to Boost Your Weight Gain Potential
Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer Protein Powder, Double Chocolate, 10.19 Pounds
Features-The blend offers six types of protein. These include egg, milk and soy. The combination is easily absorbed while providing essential amino acids. The product is ideal as a between meal snack or a post-workout recovery drink. Combine the powder with milk or water for a satisfying, healthy boost. Alone, each scoop of Optimum Nutrition provides:
• 650 calories
• 60 grams of protein
• 8 grams of total fat
• 3.5 grams of saturated fat
• 60 mg. of cholesterol
• 360 mg. of sodium
• 85 grams of carbohydrates
• 4 grams of fiber
• 5 grams of sugar
• 10 to 50 percent of 26 vital minerals and vitamins.
Advantages-Unlike similar products, the affordable Pro Gainer dissolves quickly in milk or water without leaving a grainy aftertaste. The protein powder can also be blended with a choice of fruits and is easy on the digestive system. As such, you will not experience bloating or discomfort.
Disadvantages-One heaping scoop falls short of 165. However, 1 ½ scoops is closer to the amount needed to get the nutritional benefits.
- High-Quality Proteins: Pro Gainer is comprised of high biological value proteins, which means they are easily digested and absorbed so they provide a full complement of amino acids to support the rebuilding process. Each serving of Pro Gainer provides a 60-gram dose of premium muscle-building protein made from 7 unique sources.
- Complex Carbohydrates & Lipids: Carbohydrates and lipids (fats and oils) provide sustained energy that help prevent proteins from being burned as fuel. Each serving of Pro Gainer provides 85 grams of carbohydrates and 4-5 grams of fiber with only 5 grams of sugar. In addition Pro Gainer supplies medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) and other energy-dense lipids.
- Micronutrients: Various vitamins and essential minerals are utilized during the growth process. Without these micronutrients your body cannot effectively process proteins, carbohydrates, or fats. Each serving of Pro Gainer provides 26 vitamins and essential minerals.
- Calories: To gain just one extra pound, you need to consume approximately 3,500 calories-above and beyond what you normally consume through foods, beverages, and supplements. Pro Gainer provides over 600 calories per serving. By adding just one serving to your daily routine, you can begin to experience an increase in lean mass within the first week.
- Mixes Effortlessly with a Blender, Shaker, or Spoon
Recommended: Best Tasting Protein Powder
Universal Nutrition Real Gains, Chocolate Ice Cream, 10.6-Pounds
Features-The nutrient rich formula features micellar casein and whey proteins that provide 19 different body-building amino acids. The chocolate ice cream flavor is not too sweet and not bland. Use it as a between meal snack or a work-out recovery drink to put on the desired amount of weight. Each 3.5 scoop serving provides:
• 600 calories
• 53 grams of protein
• 5 grams of fat
• 2 grams of saturated fat
• 100 mg. of cholesterol
• 225 mg. of sodium
• 400 mg. of potassium
• 87 grams of carbohydrates
• 2 grams of fiber
• 9 grams of sugar
• 10 minerals and vitamins
Advantages-The addition of inulin assists the body to effectively absorb and digest the combination of carbohydrates, fats and protein. Flaxseed oil and MCT boost hormone production, which is vital for cell replication and membrane production.
Disadvantages-The micellar casein protein does not dissolve as readily and thus requires mixing the protein with your liquid of choice in a blender.
- 600+ calories per serving makes the perfect mass gainer supplement for athletes looking to pack mass on to make weight, or bulk for the off season.
- Easily digestible formula made with fiber and inulin to make the most of every Real Gains mass gainer shake.
- Delicious flavor in every serving will leave you craving your next weight gainer Real Gains shake. Easily mixable in water or any beverage of your choice.
- Provides both fast and slow digesting carbs and proteins to feed your muscles and keep your body growing.
- Real Gains provides healthy fats from MCTs and EFAs for a very nutrient dense shake.
TRUE-MASS, Chocolate Milkshake, 5.82 Pound
Features-In 2010, TRUE-MASS was awarded the Weight Gainer of the Year by Body-building.com., and is considered by many to be the “ultra-premium lean mass gainer.” The product contains only whey protein isolate and casein, which means there are no egg or soy ingredients. Three rounded scoops of TRUE-MASS provides:
• 700 calories
• 48 grams of protein
• 17 grams of fat
• 4 grams of saturated fat
• 130 mg. of cholesterol
• 800 mg. of potassium
• 600 mg. of sodium
• 90 grams of carbohydrates
• 6 grams of fiber
• 15 grams of sugar
• 24 additional minerals and vitamins
Advantages-The product mixes well in liquid. The added fiber helps combat constipation.
Disadvantages-The product may cause abdominal discomfort and nausea. Some may not be pleased about the amount of sugars, which do enhance the flavor of the shake.
- Lean weight gainer with 6 premium protein sources
- Over 45 grams of protein per Serving; No soy protein
- 90g Carbs, 10g BCAA, 5g fiber per Serving
- Ideal for recovery - over 700 calories per serving
- Produces rich, creamy shakes; No chalky weight gainer taste and texture
NAKED MASS – All Natural Weight Gainer Protein Powder
Features-The clean powder is gluten and soy free, has no artificial ingredients and is also GMO free. NAKED MASS contains only organic tapioca maltodextrin, naked casein and naked whey. The powder has no artificial colors, flavors or growth hormones. Along with being the ideal addition to milkshakes or smoothies, the product can also be added to cooked or baked foods. Each four scoop serving provides:
• 1,250 calories
• 50 grams of protein
• 2.5 grams of fat
• 1 gram of saturated fat
• 75 mg. of cholesterol
• 170 mg. of potassium
• 100 mg. of sodium
• 252 grams of carbohydrates
• 5 grams of sugar
• 1 gram of fiber
• 18 branched-chain amino acids
• 5 additional minerals and vitamins
Advantages-NAKED MASS is low in fat, salt and sugar, which encourages more lean weight gain. When mixed with 16 ounces of low-fat milk or water, there is a mild vanilla flavor.
Disadvantages-The product does not blend sufficiently if mixed in a shaker alone. NAKED MASS mixes much better when combining the powder, liquid and other ingredients in a blender.
- ONLY THREE INGREDIENTS: Naked Whey, Naked Casein and Organic Maltodextrin (made from gluten free organic tapioca). Naked Mass contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO Free, Growth Hormone Free, Soy Free and Gluten Free.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 50g of Protein, 252g of Carbs, 1,250 Calories, 11.5g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving and only 5g sugar.
- MULTI-PHASE CLEAN PROTEIN: All natural whey and casein provides your body with healthy amino acids to keep protein synthesis up throughout the day.
- PREMIUM COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES: Unlike other weight gainers that use wheat-based maltodextrins, Naked Mass uses gluten free organic tapioca maltodextrin for clean source complex carbohydrates.
- PROTEIN SHAKES AND RECIPES: Natural unflavored weight gainer protein is versatile in making protein shakes, smoothies and recipes. Boost calories and nutrition by adding Naked Mass to protein bars, cookies and other recipes.
Protein powders run the gamut of variations in terms of protein, carbohydrates and fats. If needing something to help build endurance, choose a product with higher carbohydrates. On the other hand, if looking to lose fat and build lean muscle, select options that provide a significant amount of protein but fewer carbohydrates and fats.