Are you thinking about purchasing a treadmill for your home? Finding the right treadmill for you doesn’t have to be difficult. There are a few things to consider before you start. What are you looking for in a home treadmill? Folding models are great because they take up less space when not in use and can be stored easier, a must for smaller homes.
Deciding what kind of extras (incline, speed capabilities, fitness programs) are important to you is also a factor that you should consider before purchasing. The price of a new treadmill is another important issue to research. Having a home gym doesn’t have to be super expensive. There are several treadmills out there that are under $1000 and can be delivered right to your house. You can outfit your home gym with the best, lower cost equipment if you know where to look. To help start you out on your home based fitness, here are the three best treadmills under 1000 on Amazon.
1.ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill
Features: The ProForm Performance 600i features a CoolAire workout fan, EKG grip pulse, and has a 325 lb weight capacity. With a belt length of 60″ x 20″, it has the largest track of any treadmill on this list and features proshox cushioning. The ProForm weighs 224 pounds and it’s recommended that it be delivered to the room that it will be used in before assembly. It folds up for storage and also is Bluetooth compatible for syncing up to your phone or music devices.
Advantages: The ProForm Performance 600i is highly rated for its cushioned track. It also comes with useful accessories, including a CoolAire workout fan and iPad/mobile phone holders.Some users have suggested that it is better for larger users as it has a weight limit of 325 pounds.
Disadvantages: Some users rated the initial set up of the treadmill as very time-consuming.
Bottom line: The ProForm Performance 600i would be a good machine for heavier users that are looking to purchase a treadmill.
- 60-inch length gives your legs plenty of room to stretch out your stride
- 20 x 60 tread belt, proshox cushioning, space saver with easy lift assist, IPod Compatible audio
- CoolAire workout Fan, EKG grip Pulse, 325 lb Weight capacity
- This Treadmill is protected with a Lifetime frame and motor Warranty, 2-year parts Warranty and 1-Year Labor Warranty
- If it Compatible- requires if it Wireless module; sold separately; buy an if it Wireless module and receive a free one-year if it subscription
2. NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
Features: The NordicTrack T 6.5 S features 20 built-in workouts designed by a certified personal trainer and a comfortable 20″ x 55″ tread belt. The NordicTrack is the most affordable treadmill on this list. It weighs about 200 pounds in the shipping box and should be delivered to the room that it will be used in. You can plug your phone or another MP3 device into the console sound system so you can listen to music while you exercise. The incline can increase up to 10% for a more challenging workout. With the NordicTrack’s FlexSelect cushioning, you can control the cushioned feeling of the deck for joint support and comfort, making it more shock absorbent for a gentler run or less shock absorbent to mimic the feel of running on pavement. CardioGrip heart rate sensors are built into the handles so that you can keep track of your heart rate as you work out.
Advantages: Easy to assemble. Compatible with iFit, so you are able to personalize your workout. Has a screen where you can view the stats for your current workout.
Disadvantages: This machine can be considered as being very basic compared to others available on the market. In order to use the iFit feature, a subscription is needed. Some users have had issues with the CardioGrip sensors’ accuracy.
Bottom line: If you’re looking for an affordable treadmill where you can build a custom workout and don’t mind paying for the iFit subscription, the NordicTrack may be right for you.
- Digitally adjust your incline up to 10 percent to add intensity to your workout and target specific muscle groups
- Get the training you want with 20 built-in workouts designed by a Certified personal trainer to help you achieve your fitness goals
- 2.6 CHP drive System
- Plug your ipod or other MP3 device into the console sound System to stay motivated with your workout playlist
- 20"X55" tread belt
3. LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
Features: The LifeSpan TR1200i features a 15 point incline, a speed range of 0.5 – 11 mph, and folds up for easy storage. The LifeSpan is rated for users up to 300 lbs. This model includes a lifetime warranty on its frame and motor, so getting replacement pieces for parts that wear out is simple.
Advantages: Highly rated cushioning deck. Extremely easy to assemble.
Disadvantages: The fitness tracking software includes a free trial, but an annual subscription is required to continue using it. The USB that you need to track your progress and the treadmill belt lubricant are not included and must be purchased separately.
Bottom line: This treadmill is ideal for people who are looking for a lot of joint support while they jog or walk. As a treadmill that needs minimal assembly, it’s good for those that are eager to start working out immediately.Hopefully, one of thse treadmills is the one that you’ve been looking for. If not, you probably now have a good idea of what to look for when you continue your search for your home treadmill and you’re closer to your goal of getting fit at home!
- High performance 2.5 HP motor with a spacious 20-by-56-inch running surface
- Biomechanically correct deck suspension system supports up to 300 pounds
- Multicolored LCD console tracks your time, calories, distance, speed, and more
- 21 exercise programs targeting weight loss, healthy living, sports training, and heart rate programs
- Lifetime warranty on frame and motor